We live in an era in which virtual reality is present in our day to day, becoming more and more part of our physical reality, and this is due to the upward trend of our presence in the digital environment.
According to the latest reports on consumer habits, such as the IAB Spain study, 7 out of 10 people already purchase online. It is precisely now when the concept of ‘phygital experience’ emerges, to define the connection between physical and virtual reality.
When we talk about this concept we mean especifically the merger of e-commerce or electronic commerce forms and conventional stores, leveraging the characteristics and advantages of both environments to achieve a unique experience.
Basically it would consist of merging the best of each channel and turning it into an omnichannel, which is the perfect way of increase customer reach.
The union of the customer service of a conventional store with the advances of the digital world gives rise to digital signage, responsible for achieving a phygital experience.
Within the digital signage, we can find:
- Beacons: Also called track marker, they use bluetooht 4.0. technology to interact with our smartphones so we can receive information, discounts, catalogues or product promotions.
- Touch screens: Perhaps it is what we are most used to. The possibility of consulting products within the store, without the need to look for the person responsible for said establishment.
- RFID: The new substitute for barcodes, they are also able to store more information such as data of the products manufacture or traceability.
- Smart fitting rooms: Thanks to the clothing RFID and a mirror with touch-in interface, consumers can interact with the images and check different outfits, or simply have more information of the selected product.
- Virtual Reality: The possibility of visiting different spaces without really moving from the place where we physically are.
All these tools, without a doubt, are very useful to concentrate the target audience and gain loyalty, since on the one hand, direct interaction and personalized customer care that are both what the client love most are maintained, and on the second, digital alternatives are also offered to speed up the processes and save time.
On the other hand, in the world of events these tools have also gained momentum; live experiences are the most sought-after trends to transmit corporate values.
Holograms, Smart floor tiles for VR, or 3D headsets are the protagonists in the events that bet on the phygital experience, where emotions and how the brand makes the viewer feel is what prevails.
In all, this has become a crucial resource because it helps companies to communicate and transmit their values from an emotional point of view.