Advertising is an efficient method to promote the products or services of brands and companies and, therefore, widely use in all industries. With respect to consumers, advertising has proved to be the main reason for people to buy a product or service. This compelling power lies in three basic concepts: information, persuasion, and the memory associated.
Together with arising a desire or crave towards the product, advertising comprises other much more decisive purposes, such as persuading the individual of the need of a given service of product. To convince consumers by getting them to change their minds towards the need of buying those goods. But also, to develop a sense of trust regarding those products, leading consumers to think that their needs will be satisfied with our brand and that the best decision was to use those services or products.
It would be impossible to stablish a single typology of advertising campaign, as there is a wide range of options. Thus, a first approach may lead to the following classification, depending on the campaign goal or objective:
- Launch campaigns, to present a new product or service.
- Tease campaigns, used to create expectation about a new product.
- Reactivation campaigns, devised to overcome a sales drop, or a competitor.
- Maintenance campaign. For brands aiming to preserve their market position.
- Rebranding/Relaunch campaigns, to show product updates.
A second classification may be considered according to the audience to whom that campaign is addressed, with campaigns directly created for the final client or adapted to the final localization. Other factors which may determine the type of advertising campaign will be those belonging to the rational or emotional spheres, showing the advantages of buying the product/services, or displaying any sort of feeling, respectively.
The positioning of a brand or product is essential to any business, and will determine it very success or sales range. In order for a company to be positioned with respect to their competitors it is necessary to deploy different strategies which may be rather useful in that endeavor:
- Use a close, understanding, excellent communication approach.
- Always reward the loyalty of best clients.
- Hire an active, communicative team, who knows how to answer effectively.
- Analyze and research what clients need, require, and wish for, always.