When planning and organizing an event we must take into account if we are going to need sponsors and if so, have in mind several factors so that our sponsorship is a successful one, and subsequently our event as well.
Here are five essentials to earn a great sponsorship.
- Market and sponsor analysis. We must carry out a previous analysis to know what type of sponsor we are looking for and elaborate a strategy to attract this brand to a collaborative project. Above all, we must ensure that our brand and the future sponsor share similar values.
- Define a target audience and sponsor, accordingly. We must observe and measure how the targets of both sponsor and sponsee behave. We must study the relationship between the two brands and if the targets of both are compatible and could be merged for the event.
- Create different sponsoring plans according to the different objectives. It is necessary to be clear about the objectives that we want to achieve with event and choose the most suitable sponsor based on the actions that we are going to carry out. Events normally do not involve a single sponsor, but various brands collaborating and helping to meet the event goals.
- Marketing and communication actions. It is not just about finding who can sponsor your event, but that attendees enjoy a unique and exclusive experience. It is convenient to carry out a brand activation plan so that guests knows what they will find when they attend the event.
- Analysis and metrics after the event. This measurement will reveal whether the objectives set have met the expectations and therefore have benefits. It helps to verify whether if the sponsorship has been a success and, if not, what kind of improvements can be done.
These are just basic tips to get a successful sponsorship in your next event.